Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Moving

One of my least favourite things that I have to do in the world is moving. It is tedious, stressful, and takes up a lot of energy. It forces you to make decision after decision, whether to keep something or throw it away. And for everything that you choose to keep, you're going to have to carry it all the way to your transportation vehicle (if you have one), unload them all at the new place and rearrange them to make it feel most like home, even though the place is way too new to you to be even considered home-material.

But, as much as I despise moving, those instances where I have had to move to a different house so far has made me cherish the company I keep. The ones that help you with your moving, or better yet, the ones who are moving with you, go through the same things you're going through, and through that experience you bond and grow closer to each other. There's just a thing about sweating over the same things that allows us to connect with each other, don't you think?

And, as much as I loathe moving, I am even more in love with travel. The idea of staying in one place for too long really doesn't jive well with me. I don't know if I've said it here before or not, but my dream job would be to travel the world telling stories. A globe-trotting story-teller.  That would be living the dream, for me.

Reading about and seeing pictures of places around the world really gets me excited about seeing and exploring all the splendours that God has put on this great good Earth. Not to mention meeting all the amazing people that are potentially out there. Just think of all the stories they have to share, and the stories that I could share with them. 

I'm not much of a touristy person. Being a shoobie is a no-no for me. I do not wish to be a tourist, I wish to be a traveller. An explorer. Change my name to Dora. Lame joke, sorry. Maybe this feeling is just a twenty-something's wanderlust, but I hope I never lose it.

So, even though I intensely dislike moving, I would dislike it even more to not move, to stay in my comfort zone and not have to face those hardships and miss out on all the wonders of this blessing we call Earth.

No comments: